- MMM MONTHLY GET TOGETHER MTG! Every Second Thursday at 7:00 PM, Dinner at the Castle Cafe in Castle Rock. Monitor the Yahoo web group for info.
- For Club and Newsletter info email: email@example.com
- Join our FF Club web group for current comment and chatter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MMMFreeFlight/
- And… join the FAC Eaglerock Squadron for scale modeling fun at: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/EaglerockFAC
What we are about:
- The MMM Free Flight Club is ALWAYS looking for those interested model airplane flyers that want a different challenge or just want to recreate those fun modeling experiences other than RC or Control Line. Free Flight is the original form of flying model aircraft and a step into making airplanes fly by themselves with no control. Learning this valuable technology is a wonderful experience.
- We also support Educational Programs like STEM, TSA and S/O.
- We are affiliated with the National Free flight Society (NFFS) at freeflight.org and the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) at modelaircraft.org
|September 15||MMM Monthly Scramble||Lowry Field|
|October 17-22||FAI Outdoor World Champs,||Lost Hills, California|
|October 20||MMM Monthly Scramble||Lowry Field|
|November 3||MMM 12th Annual Frito Pie Meet||Lowry Field|
|December 7||Annual Business Meeting||Location TBD|
Folks, we have another indoor event coming up on Fri, Sept 27 at the Beth Eden Church, 2600 Wadsworth Blvd in Wheat Ridge. It will be back to the 6PM start time to avoid conflict with an earlier event in the gym. We are trying to get more dates, but the school is still finalizing their activity schedule for the fall.
FAI Licenses for USA
With the change in FAI licenses that we have noted in earlier issues of SEN. They are now only issued for USA flyers by the NAA, no longer the AMA, and through the NAA web site at
FAI Legacy Event to be flown at the Monthly Scrambles:
Monitor the MMM Yahoo Group for latest Info !:
FAC Corner – *** FAC Squadron in the Rockies… the “Colorado Eaglerock Squadron, FAC” Click here: Eaglerock2017scheduleA
Contest fees and Dues can be paid by Paypal…scroll waay down (up?)
2019 Field Notes:
FIELD CATTLE FENCING – ELECTRIC !!
Click here for info and location map: mmm-field-cattle-wire
New Gate Lock Procedures on the Lowry Range – Important !
Due to a new State Land Board policy, all lessees (e.g., Conoco Phillips, the Hunt Club, the grazing lessee, etc.) and MMM now have their own locks on the gates to the LowryRange.
There are many locks on the gate now, so you need to be extra careful that you DO NOT LOCK OUT another lock by bypassing it when you lock the gate. They should all be linked in series a continuous “chain” so that any lessee can open and close the gate with their lock. Locking out someone else is a sure way to get our lock cut and removed. It also antagonizes other lessees, and we can’t afford to do that. Please make sure that any guests you invite to the field are aware of this. These things may be obvious to us, but they probably aren’t to someone new to the field or who hasn’t encountered multiple locks on a gate before.
If you have any questions about this, especially, if you’re at the gate and are uncertain of what to do, or if you need the combination (which is new since last November) please call or text:
For security, we prefer not to give the combination over a widespread e-mail message or on the club website.
Check Back, for updates
The MMM Club at the field….free flight is “cool!”
Now, some of the frequently asked questions about Free flight and what one can do to be part of it?
MMMr’s at the Southwest regional in Eloy Arizona…well done!
Left to Right: Jerry Murphy, Randy Reynolds, Jack Murphy, Don DeLoach (Grand Champ!), Rick Pangell, Todd Reynolds, Mark Covington, Ray Boyd…(where’s Jace?)
What a good, well equipped “FF flight line for two” looks like: (Rick and Murph). Note that the basics include a model and tool box with the rest of the “support” equipment being comfort items!
Pay your MMM Dues or Contest Fees with Paypal!
In the next form where you confirm payment, in the Lower “Subject” and “Message” boxes state what the money is for… annual dues, entry fees and such. When pre-entering a contest that needs event selection or similar, you still need to send in the pre-registration form to the Contest Directors.