- For Club and Newlsetter info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our FF Club web group for current comment and chatter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MMMFreeFlight/
- December 5, 2015 Annual Meeting
Meeting date & time: 12 – 3 PM, Drinks and snacks provided.
Place: 16255 Gold Creek Drive, Monument Colorado 80132
Contact #’s : 719-629-9775 (home) 303-908-8395 (cell)
Call f you need additional driving directions. They are simple :
- Exit 158 (Baptist Rd.) from I-25
- East two lights to Leather Chaps (approx a mile)- turn left (north)
- 0.9 mile to Creekside Dr., see school on left – turn right
- Immediate left onto Gold Creek Dr. House on right.
- LATEST EVENTS AND INFORMATION (See Places to Stay in Header Bar)
- Contest fees can be paid by Paypal…scroll waay down
- The indoor flying season is upon us !
Indoor Flying Sessions - Manitou High School Gym…. Current reserved dates are: December 22, 2015 plus January 24 and February 21, 2016
New Gate Lock Procedures on the Lowry Range – Important !
Due to a new State Land Board policy, all lessees (e.g., ConocoPhillips, the Hunt Club, the grazing lessee, etc.) now have their own locks on the gates to the LowryRange. MMM and SAM-1 share brass-colored locks engraved with “MMM-SAM-1.”
There are many locks on the gate now, so you need to be extra careful that you DO NOT LOCK OUT another lock by bypassing it when you lock the gate. They should all be linked in series a continuous “chain” so that any lessee can open and close the gate with their lock. Locking out someone else is a sure way to get our lock cut and removed. It also antagonizes other lessees, and we can’t afford to do that. Please make sure that any guests you invite to the field are aware of this. These things may be obvious to us, but they probably aren’t to someone new to the field or who hasn’t encountered multiple locks on a gate before.
If you have any questions about this, especially, if you’re at the gate and are uncertain of what to do, or if you need the combination (which is new since last November) please call or text:
- Pete McQuade, 719-433-5346.
- Chuck Etherington, 720-201-6218
- Don DeLoach, 719-964-7117
For security, we prefer not to give the combination over a widespread e-mail message or on the club website.
Check Back, for updates
The MMM Club at the field….free flight is “cool!”
Now, some of the frequently asked questions about Free flight and what one can do to be part of it?
- How does one join? What are the dues? ( MMM dues to the club primarily defray the filed lease cost for a place to fly.) Joining the MMM Club is easy. Dues are described in the link and for younger flyers, is waived. All one has to do is fill out the application blank from the pull down or click here: 2015MMMDuesRenewal
- Where do you fly? The MMM Club is fortunate to have one of the finest Free Flight Fields available. It is leased from the Colorado State Land Board and hence their is responsibility involved. The field is located approximately 11 miles east of E470 on Quincy Avenue in Aurora Colorado. Details on accessing the field are available from the club contacts, however, the ability to fly on the field is subject to Land Board and Club Restrictions.
- Can I come out to the field and watch? We encourage spectators to come out to the field during our flying events and watch the activity. One must first notify the contest director or one of the club officers. The contacts are listed above.
- I used to build models and I am just getting back into the hobby. What should I do to catch up with the current trends? Will someone help me learn to fly a free flight model? We are a club that encourages participation and are willing to provide what help is necessary to new and returning modelers who are showing an interest in Free Flight Modeling.
- My son flies S/O or TSA models. Where are some club activities so that we can join in? The good news we mentor many S/O and TSA young flyers. The GREAT news is our kids usually take honors in the S/O and TSA programs. Our mentors are World Class and National winners.
Pay your MMM Dues or Contest Fees with Paypal!
- Log in to paypal.com
- Click on “Send Money” in the upper menu bar
- In the “To” block, type in email@example.com, the amount, and click the button “Services”
In the next form where you confirm payment, in the Lower “Subject” and “Message” boxes state what the money is for… annual dues, entry fees and such. When pre-entering a contest that needs event selection or similar, you still need to send in the pre-registration form to the Contest Directors.